Need-based aid includes grants, loans and student employment that help make college tuition more affordable.
At the College of Mount St. Joseph, we make it easy to apply for need-based aid. Just follow the simple steps below to get started:
- Complete the application for admission and receive notification of your acceptance at the Mount from the Office of Admissions.
Complete and submit the FAFSA before March 1 for the maximum amount of financial assistance.
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) factors in income, assets, family size, number of children in college and other expenses in order to determine the estimated family contribution.
- After you submit your FAFSA, you will receive a student aid report, and the Mount will develop an aid package tailored to your unique financial needs.
- Check out the scholarship wizard and find out which academic performance based scholarships you qualify for at the Mount.
- Use our handy net price calculator to estimate how much your education at the Mount will cost after factoring in your financial aid award.
Grants and Loans
While employment opportunities at the Mount are open to all qualified students, those with need often use their campus job to help pay for school. If you would like to explore employment opportunities, check out our Career and Experiential Learning Center for help.
Fill out all of your forms carefully and keep copies for your records. You may be asked to submit additional documentation to verify information on the FAFSA.
- ACT: 3254
- Advanced Placement: 1129
- FAFSA Federal Code: 003033
- SAT: 1129
Reapply every year. Financial aid is not automatically renewed. Each year you must file a FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA to be considered for need-based financial aid. Check renewal requirements on all scholarships.
If you or your family’s financial circumstances change after our initial evaluation or after you submit your FAFSA, contact our office regarding possible adjustments. Visit our forms and applications page for a special circumstances form.