The Music Department at the College of Mount St. Joseph began an innovative program that "flips" students inside out of the four walls of the college! Since its inception in September, students have had opportunities to be immersed in the following areas of the music industry.
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and Cincinnati Ballet's Performance of Alice in Wonderland
- Kentucky Symphony Orchestra, rehearsal for the score to Pirates of the Carribean
- Filmore WInds, Community Band ongoing rehearsals and performances
- Southeast Indiana Coummunity Band
- Lakota Local School District
- Greendale Middle School
- Delhi Middle School
- Rapid Run Middle School
- Beechwood Bands
- Grant County Marching Band
- Lawrenceburg HS Band
- Ironwing Studios, Covington, Ky
- Mark McCafferty Percussion, Northern, KY
Students have been networking with area professionals by participating and observing in many different areas of the music industry. Because of these opportunities, students have had access to potential intern positions and multiple performing opportunities including the Ohio Music Educators Conference (OMEA).
We will continue to update you on the progress of this opportunity to make the music of Cincinnati our classroom.