The Division of Arts and Humanities held is annual ceremony on May 4, 2014 honoring graduates and recognizing those who received department awards.
Mount alum Chris Eckes ('00) received the Sister Peg McPeak Alumni Award. Eckes was a history major at the Mount and turned his love of baseball into a dream job as Operations Manager and Chief Curator at the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. In fact, Eckes took a class on the history of recreation from Tim Lynch, Ph.D., and wrote a research paper on the changing nature of baseball parks in the United States, and how those changes reflected larger, social, cultural and economic transformations. He has continued to give back to the Mount and even gives private tours of the museum for the Mount's history honor society.
Other recognition awards were given out during the celebration:
- Art, Fine Art, Art Education and Art History--Maria Frances Tedesco
- Communication and New Media Studies--Ashley Eilers
- English and Modern Languages--Emily Berning
- General Studies--Jason Phillip Harris
- Graphic Design--Jennifer Marie Vogel
- History--Camille Schmidtgoessling Chiappone
- Interior Architecture and Design--Sarah A. Moderbacher
- Music--Heather E. Pfeiffer
- Religious and Pastoral Studies--Holly Jean Moran
Congratulations to our graduates!