Information Services & Support (ISS)
Department: Technology Infrastructure Services
Reports to: Manager, Technology Infrastructure Services
Review Date: December 2016
Purpose: The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for technical support and development of integrated and diverse computer and content delivery systems. The candidate communicates with departments regarding the quality of their systems and develops strategies for improving technological performance. Must possess strong analytical skills to troubleshoot and solve problems efficiently while understanding the intertwined nature of Campus technology. Able to adapt, enhance and reuse current and future technology to the University’s benefit.
- Design, develop, document, test, deploy, and/or modify computer systems or programs, including prototypes and cross-platform system images, based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users and utilizing knowledge of networking such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, WIFI and QoS standards, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Maintain accounts, group management, and group policy objects.
- Format and prepare digital content for delivery.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop hardware, peripherals, and related software.
- Provide remote technical support by email, phone, and remote assistance apps.
- Prioritize a variety of tasks and heavy volume of work.
- Transmit critical system information to campus community.
- Provide backup support for network administrator.
- Respond rapidly to technology related emergencies.
- Work independently while exercising discretion on system performance.
- Communicate effectively with departmental staff and management.
- Coordinate efforts with other units in the TIS department and ISS division.
- Engage in professional development to stay current with the demands of the position.
- Has a positive influence on the effective use of technology on campus.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
-Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
-Work History: 3+ years in relevant technology related position
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Manager of Technology Support Services
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: Alex.Nakonechnyi@msj.edu
Please include "Attn: Technical Support Analyst" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lions hosted Earlham on Saturday afternoon in a game that went down to the wire. Read More
The Mount moved to 12-3 on the season and 7-1 in the HCAC, keeping themselves tied atop the conference standings Read More