The College of Mount St. Joseph is accepting applications for the position of Senior Instructional Designer. The successful candidate will proactively work with faculty to integrate technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classroom; initiates and performs instructional design operations for faculty; manages implementation and administration of course management, ePortfolio and other instructional application software systems
• Performs instructional design functions: works with faculty to plan and improve instructional delivery, including strategic planning, student assessment, content development, instructional materials design and production, evaluation of delivery methods, test design, and methods assessment
• Proactively coordinates the activities of and provides support to the Mount’s technology-related learning communities. Works closely with faculty members to initiate future instructional technology related learning communities
• Provides design, training and assistance services to faculty on blended/online learning and instructional applications; orients faculty, staff, and students to instructional materials, equipment and training; designs face-to-face and online training courses and documentation
• Informs faculty of new developments in materials, equipment, and technology related to the instructional process
• Provides leadership in implementation and administration of new web-based technologies, including course management and ePortfolio systems; develops and documents system procedures
• Provides leadership to faculty in mediated-learning issues, assessment validity, etc.
• Participates in team management of Instructional Technology's web-site; assists faculty with development of home pages. Analyzes needs; identifies and articulates short term goals, long range goals for instructional design and blended/distance learning activities; assists with the evaluation of new and upgraded software applications; examines software applications in terms of training implications
• Actively promotes the integration of technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classrooms
• Searches for grant opportunities related to instructional technology and encourages the testing of new instructional technologies
• Adheres to unit’s policies and procedures; analyzes and resolves problems; cooperates and communicates effectively and in a timely manner with department staff, supervisor, and other departments; forwards appropriate issues and refers clients to supervisor
• Works collaboratively with Technology Account/Operations Specialist on the day-to-day administration of the course management system, including course setup, uploading content, account management and backup and recovery management.
• Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with faculty, students, College departments, and supervisors and colleagues in ISS; serves on College committees as assigned or appointed
• Provides formalized training sessions for faculty and staff
• Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position; is a positive influence for the effective use of technology on campus; performs additional related duties as assigned by supervisors
• Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed; ensures efficient use of department resources (personnel, space, funds); supports department activities
Primary Contacts: Faculty, Instructional Technology Staff, ISS Division Staff
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Instructional Technology; Works under general direction toward broadly defined objectives; refers specific problems to the Director of Instructional Technology when clarification or interpretation of organizational policies are involved.
Education: M.Ed. or equivalent, with emphasis in instructional design or educational media.
Experience: Knowledge and work experience with instructional design; blended and/or online higher education teaching experience.
Specialized Training: Computer assisted instruction, multimedia production, web authoring, HTML authoring, course management systems, ePortfolio systems, and web-based instructional programs preferred
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references to: Attn: Senior Instructional Designer, C/O: Ashley Litton, College of Mount. St. Joseph, 5701 Delhi Road, Cincinnati, OH, 45233, or by e-mail to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the College's Non-Discrimination Policy. EOE
To send requests for a complete job description to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu
The Mount will continue to offer co-op positions at HCJFS due to a grant from The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation. Read More