Position Title: Client Technology Support Specialist
Status: Support Staff
Department: Technology Infrastructure Services
Classification: SUP I
Reports to: Manager, Technology Support Services
Purpose: Provides Level 2 technology support for MSJ Students, Faculty and Staff. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and tracking MSJ technology assets through entire lifecycle process.
- Installs, updates, troubleshoots and resolves problems with campus desktop and notebook computers, printers, peripherals, classroom equipment, software and other ISS support technology. Processes necessary forms related to hardware repairs.
- Receives and responds to all assigned service tickets in an appropriate manner of urgency, according to the priority level of the incident. Communicates in detail with the Client Service Representative(s) regarding questions or concerns about related ticket information.
- Notifies the Manager of Technology Support Services of any network or system problems that may require the skills of an outside vendor / contractor to repair. Works with outside vendors/contractors to secure repair services and to verify successful completion of tasks.
- Manages the loaner technology equipment pool.
- Fully documents ticket completion procedures within the ticket management system and completes assigned service tickets in a timely manner. Communicates and shares necessary information with other ISS staff members, regarding a specific task.
- Proactively monitors and ensures the timely completion of all assigned service tickets.
- Order, receive and track all technology related hardware and software assets.
- Coordinates the campus software request process by working with faculty, staff and vendors.
- Works in cooperation with Fiscal Operations to tag all technology equipment above a stated value.
- Develops, modifies, and manages hard drive images for all ISS supported computers. Ensures thorough testing is performed on newly developed images prior to images being placed on production computers.
- Coordinates the tracking, shipment and retrieval of the College’s off-site backup media.
- Maintains appropriate parts inventory for ISS supported technology.
- Communicates status of assigned service tickets with MSJ Students, Faculty, and Staff and Client Service Representative(s).
- Ensures physical and logical system security of all ISS supported campus technology.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for new and upgraded software applications in the student computer labs; examines training needs for new applications.
- Adheres to unit’s policies and procedures; analyzes and resolves problems.
- Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position; is a positive influence for the effective use of technology on campus; performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with departmental staff, supervisor, and other campus departments.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helps others accomplish related job results.
Primary Contact: Technology Infrastructure Services, Information Services & Support Staff; College faculty, staff and students; vendors, and other members of the College community.
Supervision Exercised: Technology Support Services co-ops/student workers.
Supervision Received: Supervision from Manager of Technology Support Services. Works under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed independently on routine work referring questionable cases to Manager of Technology Support Services and Director of Technology Infrastructure Services.
Education: Associate degree in computer or electronic technology, or equivalent relevant experience
Experience: Hardware and software installation; troubleshooting and problem resolution skills; strong customer service orientation; good communication and interpersonal skills; strong problem solving abilities and a positive, cooperative attitude; familiarity with managing technology assets. Knowledge of data network, desktop and notebook client hardware, operating systems, and office productivity software is strongly preferred.
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with frequent service interruptions; high level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; lift and transport hardware and other computer related equipment.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu. Please include Attn: Client Technology Support Specialist Search in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To send requests for a complete job description to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu
Dataw Island Country Club, Dataw Island, SC
Winter Haven, FL (Lake Myrtle-Main Field)