Department: Buildings & Grounds
Reports to: Director of Building & Grounds
Job Description Review Date: February 2016
Purpose: To provide administrative support services to the Department of Building & Grounds. The successful candidate will be responsible for receiving requests for repair work, dispatching work orders to appropriate personnel, processing purchase orders and invoices, and maintaining all aspects of the computerized maintenance management system.
• Process work requests, determine level of urgency, and issue work orders to appropriate personnel based on the nature of work and availability, workload, and expertise of personnel. Update work order status changes as they occur.
• Respond promptly to emergency situations to dispatch appropriate personnel to resolve urgent issues.
• Manage the computerized preventive maintenance system: enter equipment information, process records of work performed, issue PM work orders to appropriate personnel, update completed PMs, maintain equipment histories, track delinquent PMs, and print requested reports from the system.
• Process electronic purchase orders, issue POs to vendors, process invoices, maintain records of purchases, and track costs.
• Solicit price quotes from vendors, compare pricing from multiple vendors and contact vendors with purchase orders.
• Contact vendors for repairs as required.
• Receive and transmit by radio communication regarding emergencies and work orders.
• Check in received goods, verify quantities, match up packing slips with invoices and submit to appropriate management for approval.
• Maintain inventory of spare parts and stock items and supplies. Re-order items as necessary.
• Assist management with gathering and organizing data in preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
• Maintain filing systems for equipment manuals, licenses, permits, regulatory documentation, purchases, quotes, contacts, and general correspondence.
• Track budgets for special projects.
• Answer and direct phone calls.
• Provide general support to the management team for filing and retrieving information.
• Serve as the point person for work orders, equipment manuals, vendor contacts, parts procurement, inventory, and location of spare parts.
• Maintain accurate records of hazardous material management, elevator inspections, boiler certificates, etc.
• Generate and update various documents (phone lists, checklists, procedures) for the purpose of maintaining accurate and up-to-date information.
• Other duties as assigned.
Primary Contacts: Buildings & Grounds supervisors and staff, students, and University faculty and staff
Supervision Exercised: Directs work of others to complete tasks
Supervision Received: Works toward a previously defined objective with little daily supervision and uses a wide range of procedures to accomplish goals, plans, and arranges own work referring problems to the Director of Building and Grounds
Education: High school diploma required; minimum of associate degree preferred.
Experience: 3 years previous administrative support in a technical environment; familiarity with general maintenance practices
• Exhibit excellent customer service orientation in providing service in all responsibilities and interactions
• Demonstrate creative problem solving in handling people and situations
• Collaborate well with others
• Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or university goals
• Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Department of Building and Grounds and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
• Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with faculty, staff, and various campus and community constituencies while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
• Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills
• Observation of appropriate etiquette and professionalism regarding radio transmissions
• Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
• Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
• Provide accuracy of information that is shared to others
• Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
• Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
• Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within department and/or position
• Must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet, CARS, copier, fax machine
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
• Standing or sitting in one position for long periods. Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; faculty and student contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include "Attn: Records and Materials Coordinator" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mount St. Joseph opened up conference play on Friday against conference rival Manchester Read More
Congrats, Torry! Read More
Holy Trinity Chapel (Seton 6th Floor)