Program: Master in Physician Assistant Studies
Reports To: Chairperson/Program Director, Physician Assistant Studies
Academic Appointment: Faculty School of Health Sciences
Start Date: July 1, 2017
Summary: The principal faculty are responsible for instruction and student assessment in the didactic and clinical components of the program. This includes ensuring course learning objectives and course outcomes are achieved as well as student counseling and remediation when necessary. He/she will assist Program leadership in the development, design, implementation and ongoing assessment of the curriculum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teach in areas of expertise.
• Maintain accurate student course records and report these on a timely basis.
• Provide ongoing academic advising and mentoring to assigned students.
• Assist the Academic Director in the development of teaching schedules
• Participate in student admissions processes
• Participate in ongoing Program assessment advising the Academic Director regarding programmatic or policy changes.
• Assist with preparation of grants, reports, and self-studies related to ongoing funding and program accreditation.
• Represent Program to health care community and community at large.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Academic or Program Director.
• Graduate of an accredited PA Program
• Master’s Degree in an appropriate field of study
• Current NCCPA certification
• Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Ohio or eligibility for licensure.
• Minimum of two years clinical experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of ARC-PA accreditation standards
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include "Attn: Principal Faculty" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kritsky: "Keep the pictures coming!" Read More
"Campus Protests, Public Safety, and Free Speech" will be held Tuesday, May 30 Read More