Upward Bound is a federally funded program designed to assist identified high school students to graduate and enroll in college.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ACADEMIC TUTORS:
To assist program participants with English assignments, and to assist them in increasing their general academic skills in preparation for college entrance exams. Position duties are carried out at a branch of the public library from 3:30 – 5:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Work with students on reading / writing assignments and general study skills
- Assist with homework assignments
- Record student attendance and monitor student behavior
- Serve after school snack
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related area, or college student in at least the second year in pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree
- Overall GPA minimum 2.8 with a 3.0 in the subject area to be tutored
- Excellent communication, record – keeping, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Experience in working with youth from a variety of backgrounds
- Teaching, counseling, mentoring experience
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to adapt to and to respond to the unexpected
Must provide a transcript
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Marsha.Watts-Visher@msj.edu. Please include “Attn: Math Tutor” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an equal opportunity employer.
The Lions hosted Earlham on Saturday afternoon in a game that went down to the wire. Read More
The Mount moved to 12-3 on the season and 7-1 in the HCAC, keeping themselves tied atop the conference standings Read More