Upward Bound is a federally funded program designed to assist identified high school students to graduate and enroll in college.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ACADEMIC TUTORS:
To assist program participants with English assignments, and to assist them in increasing their general academic skills in preparation for college entrance exams. Position duties are carried out at a branch of the public library from 3:30 – 5:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Work with students on reading / writing assignments and general study skills
- Assist with homework assignments
- Record student attendance and monitor student behavior
- Serve after school snack
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related area, or college student in at least the second year in pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree
- Overall GPA minimum 2.8 with a 3.0 in the subject area to be tutored
- Excellent communication, record – keeping, and writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Experience in working with youth from a variety of backgrounds
- Teaching, counseling, mentoring experience
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to adapt to and to respond to the unexpected
Must provide a transcript
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Marsha.Watts-Visher@msj.edu. Please include “Attn: Math Tutor” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an equal opportunity employer.
Grant will fund more Mount student co-op positions with Hamilton County Jobs and Family Services Read More
The Mount St. Joseph Lions are excited to have Senior Brett Cooper named MCVL Defensive player of the week Read More