Information Services & Support (ISS)
Department: Technology Infrastructure Services
Reports to: Manager, Technology Infrastructure Services
Review Date: November 2016
Purpose: The Network Administrator’s goal is to support campus data and network infrastructure in order to provide securely accessible systems to all users. The candidate provides this service using industry standard systems analysis procedures and networking best practices with an emphasis on user needs and ease of use.
- Design, test, and document computer communication systems.
- Consult users to determine computing system needs.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot network hardware, servers, and related software.
- Develop and configure connectivity for departmental applications.
- Transmit critical system information to campus community.
- Provide second level support for all user network related issues.
- Maintain campus e-mail system (currently Microsoft Exchange/Outlook).
- Ensure data security and performs routine data backup and integrity checks.
- Administer all primary function server applications.
- Provide elementary training for supported applications.
- Respond rapidly to technology related emergencies on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Work independently and exercise discretion on system performance.
- Forward and escalate appropriate issues to management.
- Communicate effectively with departmental staff and management.
- Coordinate efforts with other units in the Technology Infrastructure Services department and ISS division.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements.
- Help others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Explore new opportunities to enhance the services of the division.
- Engage in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position.
- Has a positive influence on the effective use of technology on campus.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (networking/technology is preferred)
Work History: Recent equivalent years in relevant technology related position
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Manager of Technology Support Services
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: Alex.Nakonechnyi@msj.edu
Please include "Attn: Network Administrator" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Grant will fund more Mount student co-op positions with Hamilton County Jobs and Family Services Read More
The Mount St. Joseph Lions are excited to have Senior Brett Cooper named MCVL Defensive player of the week Read More