Information Services & Support (ISS)
Classification: Professional Staff
Department: Instructional Technology
Reports to: Director, Instructional Technology
Review Date: November 2016
Purpose: The Instructional Designer proactively works with faculty to integrate technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classroom; initiates and performs instructional design operations for faculty; assists with the implementation and administration of course management, assessment and other instructional application software systems.
- Performs instructional design functions: works with faculty to improve instructional delivery, including student assessment, content development, instructional materials design and production, evaluation of delivery methods, test design, and methods assessment
- Provides coordination of activities and support to the Mount’s course-related learning communities.
- Provides design, training and assistance services to faculty on learning and instructional applications utilized in a variety of teaching and learning paradigms, including online and blended; orients faculty, staff, and students to instructional materials, equipment and training; designs face-to-face and online training courses and documentation
- Actively promotes the integration of technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classrooms
- Serves as backup for day-to-day administration of the course management system, including course setup, uploading content, account management and backup and recovery management.
- Provides formalized training sessions for faculty and staff on online/blended learning including online course development team kickoff meetings
- Responsible for administration and management of the student virtual online orientation and the online instructor self-paced online course
- Responsible for support for online course development teams and online course instructors
- Creates new online course sections for each term, with the goal of automating this process; this includes course masters and copies of courses for faculty
- Creates master templates for new course development
- Carries out revisions to existing course content including quiz and document maintenance
- Responsible for managing the online/blended Blackboard course build process. Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements.
- Helps others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the division.
- Communicates technical changes and updates to the campus community.
- Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position.
- Has a positive influence for the effective use of technology on campus.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (major with emphasis in instructional design, curriculum design or education media preferred)
- Work History: experience in instructional design, teaching and training preferred
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: Alex.Nakonechnyi@msj.edu
Please include "Attn: Instructional Designer" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lions hosted Earlham on Saturday afternoon in a game that went down to the wire. Read More
The Mount moved to 12-3 on the season and 7-1 in the HCAC, keeping themselves tied atop the conference standings Read More