Information Services & Support (ISS)
Classification: Professional Staff
Department: Instructional Technology
Reports to: Director, Instructional Technology
Review Date: November 2016
Purpose: The Instructional Designer proactively works with faculty to integrate technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classroom; initiates and performs instructional design operations for faculty; assists with the implementation and administration of course management, assessment and other instructional application software systems.
- Performs instructional design functions: works with faculty to improve instructional delivery, including student assessment, content development, instructional materials design and production, evaluation of delivery methods, test design, and methods assessment
- Provides coordination of activities and support to the Mount’s course-related learning communities.
- Provides design, training and assistance services to faculty on learning and instructional applications utilized in a variety of teaching and learning paradigms, including online and blended; orients faculty, staff, and students to instructional materials, equipment and training; designs face-to-face and online training courses and documentation
- Actively promotes the integration of technology into instructional programs both inside and outside the classrooms
- Serves as backup for day-to-day administration of the course management system, including course setup, uploading content, account management and backup and recovery management.
- Provides formalized training sessions for faculty and staff on online/blended learning including online course development team kickoff meetings
- Responsible for administration and management of the student virtual online orientation and the online instructor self-paced online course
- Responsible for support for online course development teams and online course instructors
- Creates new online course sections for each term, with the goal of automating this process; this includes course masters and copies of courses for faculty
- Creates master templates for new course development
- Carries out revisions to existing course content including quiz and document maintenance
- Responsible for managing the online/blended Blackboard course build process. Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements.
- Helps others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Explores new opportunities to enhance the services of the division.
- Communicates technical changes and updates to the campus community.
- Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position.
- Has a positive influence for the effective use of technology on campus.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (major with emphasis in instructional design, curriculum design or education media preferred)
- Work History: experience in instructional design, teaching and training preferred
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to: Alex.Nakonechnyi@msj.edu
Please include "Attn: Instructional Designer" in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Grant will fund more Mount student co-op positions with Hamilton County Jobs and Family Services Read More
The Mount St. Joseph Lions are excited to have Senior Brett Cooper named MCVL Defensive player of the week Read More