The College of Mount St. Joseph is accepting applications for one full-time, 12 month faculty position and one full-time, 12 month Program Director for the MAGELIN Program (Master’s Graduate Entry-Level into Nursing). This program is designed for individuals with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree who want to enter the nursing profession. These positions are subject to budgetary approval.
The nursing program at the College of Mount St. Joseph has over 80 years of providing high quality nursing education to the local and regional communities of the Greater Cincinnati, Ohio area. Now is an exciting time to join the Mount as the College is transitioning to Mount St. Joseph University in July 2014.
The Department of Nursing at the College of Mount St. Joseph offers programs at the bachelor, master, and doctoral levels. The College is seeking individuals who have experience in teaching health assessment, medical-surgical nursing, critical care, and can teach across programs. Courses at the College are offered both in the face-to-face and blended/online learning formats using Blackboard.
The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Doctorate in Nursing or a related field is strongly preferred for the faculty position; if the doctorate is in a related area, an MSN is required. Doctorate in Nursing is required for the MAGELIN Program Director; if the doctorate is in a related area, an MSN is required.
- The College is seeking one individual who is a family nurse practitioner.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience.
- Eligibility for/or possess an Ohio nursing license without restrictions.
- Proven expertise in a combination of the following areas: health assessment, critical care, and medical-surgical nursing. Experience in pediatrics is a plus.
- Previous college teaching experience at both the undergraduate/graduate level is preferred.
- Experience with online/FTF/blended learning is preferred.
- Experience in a critical care area is highly preferred.
Academic rank and salary are commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current CV, three letters of recommendation, and unofficial transcripts to:
Gail Burns, DNP, RN
Assistant Dean for Nursing
College of Mount St. Joseph
5701 Delhi Road
Cincinnati, OH 45233
Or email documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mount has a rich tradition of educating caring, competent and compassionate nurses.