Position Title: Custodian II
Classification: Maintenance Staff V
Department: Buildings & Grounds
Reports to: Manager of Custodial & Administrative Services
Mount St. Joseph University is accepting applications for the full-time, maintenance staff position of Custodian II for the department of Buildings and Grounds. The Custodian II performs custodial duties appropriate to classification throughout the University as necessary and assigned by the Manager of Custodial & Administrative Services and the Director of Buildings & Grounds.
- Facilitate cleanliness of assigned area including but not limited to: hallways, stairwells, lounges, classrooms, offices, tenant areas following the specifics of the duty assignment sheet
- Fully complete daily checklist based on duty assignment sheet
- Demonstrates general housekeeping skills and some aspects of floor care techniques and operation of floor care equipment.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions
- Maintain inventory of supplies issued to complete assigned jobs; keep closet clean and free from clutter
- Move furniture/equipment as necessary
- Assist in building, renovation, and remodeling projects on campus as necessary
- Perform other duties appropriate to position requirements as assigned by supervision
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements, exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Primary Contacts: Manager of Custodial & Administrative Services, Director of Buildings & Grounds and department staff; students, University faculty and staff.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Supervision Received: Works under immediate supervision with work assignments reviewed at frequent intervals or at pre-determined times.
Education: Some high school; ability to read and write and perform simple numerical tasks.
Experience: Six months related.
Specialized Training: None.
Skills and Attributes
- exhibit a "student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student needs and expectations; anticipate and identify student and other customer needs
- collaborate well with others and help make Buildings & Grounds staff a cohesive group
- communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common office or University goals
- assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Buildings & Grounds area as required during high service demand times including participating in mandatory overtime based on special events and University needs
- develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- must possess effective communication skills
- maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment/ Physical Work Demands: Floor care, furniture moving, and lifting
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com. Please include Attn: Custodian II Search in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Lions hosted Earlham on Saturday afternoon in a game that went down to the wire. Read More
The Mount moved to 12-3 on the season and 7-1 in the HCAC, keeping themselves tied atop the conference standings Read More