- Assist in recruiting
- Maintain current knowledge and abides by policies, procedures, and rules of NCAA/HCAC
- Assist the Head Coach in making travel arrangements
- Assist the Head Coach in scheduling and organizing team related activities
- Promotes players for recognition
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds the values and mission of the University
- Maintains relationships with media and public to enhance promotion of the University
- Supports total athletic program
- Other duties appropriate to skills and training as assigned by supervisors
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed
Primary Contacts: Department Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinator of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretary, student employees, Student Development staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community.
Supervision Exercised: Student athletic trainer, student employees
Supervision Received: Head Women's Basketball Coach
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Specialized Training: Proficient in use of: Coaching, University vans, audio visual, copier, computer, First Aid and CPR.
- Exhibit a "student/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students' needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students' needs
- Demonstrate a high energy, enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education
- Available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, Division or University goals
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the area and Student Affairs Division as required during high service demand times
- Demonstrate comfort with and ability to travel
- Demonstrate ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with Department Director, coaching staff, Athletic Training staff, Recreation Coordinators, Coordinator of Athletic and Recreation Facilities, Secretary, student employees, Student Development staff, Admission staff, prospective students and families, enrolled students, Registrar, Faculty Athletic Representative, and other members of the University community as well as the local and outside community, maintaining appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, public speaking and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, minimum salary requirements, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Dan.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Attn: Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach” in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Grant will fund more Mount student co-op positions with Hamilton County Jobs and Family Services Read More
The Mount St. Joseph Lions are excited to have Senior Brett Cooper named MCVL Defensive player of the week Read More