Orientation and Welcome Weekend sessions give you an early taste of campus life.
These sessions will help get you familiar with campus, other students, faculty and staff before classes start.
Orientation and Welcome Weekend will ease the transition to college life. During the sessions, you'll learn more about all Mount St. Joseph University offers. You'll also get the opportunity to meet other new students and upperclassmen.
All first-time freshmen must attend an Orientation Session and Welcome Weekend. New transfer students can come to both, but are only required to attend Welcome Weekend.
Orientation Session Dates
We'll offer three Orientation Sessions for students entering in the Fall:
- June - Friday, June, 22, to Saturday, June 23
- July - Friday, July 20, to Saturday, July 21
- August - Wednesday, August 22 to Thursday, August 23
Up-to-date event schedules will be given out at each Orientation. June and July Orientation Sessions include an overnight stay. This is required for ALL students (resident or commuter). We'll provide bed linens and towels. You should bring your own toiletries.
August Orientation Session includes an overnight stay for resident students only.
Access your Orientation Reservation form from your student status page (log-in required). You must be an admitted student for the fall semester and have already completed necessary enrollment steps in order to register for Orientation.
We invite parents to attend the Orientation Session. We'll have special sessions just for them. The parent session lasts just one day.
Students, however, will be spending a night in the Residence Hall, so parents needing overnight accommodations should visit our area hotels page for listings in the area.
- Please include a first and second choice. Soon after, we'll send a letter confirming your Orientation Session date. As you make your selection and plans, remember:
- You must first complete your first semester course schedule. Then we'll process your Orientation Session Reservation form. Space at each session is limited, so submit this form as early as possible.
- We strongly encourage fall athletes to choose the June or July session, as practices will likely conflict with the August session.
Proceed to the Move-In Days page to learn more about moving into the Seton Residence Hall.