The Interactive Media Design & Computing program combines computing, art and communication.
The Mount is no longer accepting students to this program.
Please visit the Web & Mobile App Development – Graphic Design Track program page to explore similar career-readiness opportunities.
Digital media has changed the way the world communicates. Media such as radio, television, music, film, telecommunication, computers and the Internet are evolving at a rapid pace. New forms of media are emerging.
The Interactive Media Design and Computing program prepares students for the new digital arena. The curriculum combines hands-on experience with cutting-edge industry-standard software for designing and editing audio and visual media.
Why major in IMDC at the Mount?
- Small class sizes, personal attention and a welcoming atmosphere for a healthy learning environment
- Coursework that promotes advanced problem solving skills that are coveted by employers
- Hands on training with cutting-edge technologies
- Individual research as well as co-op experience to prepare you for your future career
- Tailored curriculum that integrates concepts from computer science, graphic design, art and communications to form solutions to problems
- Course projects and research that promote transforming ideas into innovative computer applications
After the Mount?
With an Interactive Media Design and Computing degree from Mount St. Joseph University, students have a variety of exciting career opportunities to choose from including:
- Web site design and development
- Multimedia editing and management
- Game Software Developer
- 2D and 3D Modeling and Animation
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Science
- Web Development
- Animation & Simulation
- Interactive Media & Game Development