The Interactive Media Design & Computing program combines computing, art and communication.
Digital media has changed the way the world communicates. Media such as radio, television, music, film, telecommunication, computers and the Internet are evolving at a rapid pace. New forms of media are emerging.
The Interactive Media Design and Computing program prepares students for the new digital arena. The curriculum combines hands-on experience with cutting-edge industry-standard software for designing and editing audio and visual media.
Why major in IMDC at the Mount?
- Small class sizes, personal attention and a welcoming atmosphere for a healthy learning environment
- Coursework that promotes advanced problem solving skills that are coveted by employers
- Hands on training with cutting-edge technologies
- Individual research as well as co-op experience to prepare you for your future career
- Tailored curriculum that integrates concepts from computer science, graphic design, art and communications to form solutions to problems
- Course projects and research that promote transforming ideas into innovative computer applications
After the Mount?
With an Interactive Media Design and Computing degree from Mount St. Joseph University, students have a variety of exciting career opportunities to choose from including:
- Web site design and development
- Multimedia editing and management
- Game Software Developer
- 2D and 3D Modeling and Animation
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Science
- Web Development
- Animation & Simulation
- Interactive Media & Game Development
News and Updates
Stay up to date with the most recent interactive media design & computing program news and events; visit the department of computing page.