Mount St. Joseph University provides a quality entry-level athletic training education.
Sport business is big business. For example, in college athletics, the March Madness basketball tournament generates over $300 million annually for the NCAA. And, the new college football playoff system is projected to produce $7 billion over ten years. In professional sport, the NFL collects over $5 billion though media and broadcast rights fees each year. Over the course of the last decade, MLB has averaged over 73 million in attendance.
Given its tremendous economic impact, the sport industry continues to thrive. More job opportunities exist than ever before. However, competition is intense. If you are interested in pursuing a career in sport management, you must align yourself with a business-based program that will provide you with the competencies necessary to succeed. We offer a comprehensive, business-focused degree that will provide you with a competitive advantage. What separates the MSJ Sport Management program from the rest? The following are a few important points to consider:
· One of the few sport-based degree programs to be housed within a business division.
· Faculty with sport business related experience.
· Our Program Partner initiative provides students with additional support in obtaining internships and full-time positions.
· Over 80 percent of our graduates are either employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school.
· Our 4+1 MBA program allows students to obtain a sport management degree and an MBA in only 5 years.
· We provide an experience-based curriculum allowing students to gain “real world” experience in the classroom.
· Low student to faculty ratio.
· Minor degree in business administration is incorporated into the major providing an edge for our graduates in the marketplace.
Our program combines research and technology with a liberal arts core that emphasizes values, integrity and social responsibility.
Our program fuses a comprehensive blend of academic, clinical and professional experiences through partnerships with various allied health care professionals. It's accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
View the Board of Certification pass rate results.
News and Updates
Stay up to date with the most recent athletic training program news and events; visit the department of athletic training page.