Application Deadlines are October 1 and November 1
Learn More about PT at the Mount - Join us at the APTA DPT Education Virtual Fair April 28-29
APTA invites all DPT education programs to join high school and college students, health professions advisors, and colleagues at other programs for the upcoming Physical Therapist (DPT) Education Virtual Fair scheduled. The student recruitment fair is free to prospective students and will allow them chat with programs from across the country. Click to learn more and register
The Physical Therapy Department at Mount St. Joseph University now participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. To learn more about the PTCAS application process, please visit the PTCAS web site.
As a benefit of choosing Mount St. Joseph University for their undergraduate education, MSJ graduates may enjoy an Expedited Admission Process IF all application materials are submitted to PTCAS by October 1 the year prior to coursework AND:
Must have completed 90 or more credit hours with degree awarded at the Mount
Mount coursework completed within 2 years of application deadline
- Mount coursework completed within 2 years of application deadline
- Conferment of a bachelor’s degree from the Mount prior to program start.
- Completion of at least 80 hours of clinical observation supervised by a physical therapist. Hours must include a minimum of 20 hours in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (scores within 5 years of application deadline accepted)
Overall and Science GPA > 3.0/ 4.0
- At least 2/3rds of prerequisite science coursework completed prior to application deadline. All prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to matriculation date.
- No prerequisite with a grade < C (includes C+,C,C-)
- Participate in the interview process
MSJ undergraduate applicants who do not meet the October 1 application deadline will be processed with the General Admission Process applicants provided the November 1 application deadline is met.