This comprehensive degree trains compassionate, caring professionals who practice autonomously, holistically and collaboratively.
What makes our DPT Program unique?
Spacious and well-equipped classrooms and laboratories:
- High-Fidelity Simulation Lab with adult and infant mannequins
- Inpatient lab with hospital beds and wall unit treatment/monitoring equipment
- Outpatient and Rehab labs with hi-lo mats and a multitude of exercise equipment
- Motion analysis system (Dartfish®)
- Physiology assessment system (BIOPAC®)
- Body weight supported treadmill training (LiteGait®)
- Interactive rehabilitation and training tools (Wii®, MR Cube®)
- Safe patient handling equipment (Arjo®)
- A small student to faculty ratio (11:1) with emphasis on a team approach to laboratory instruction with full-time faculty members and full-time clinicians as lab adjuncts working together.
- A dedication to individualized attention. Faculty and staff are committed to student success and readily accessible for individual student needs.
- A commitment to professionalism. Faculty are devoted to helping students develop the professional behaviors essential to being an effective practitioner and healthcare team member. The Mount's mission is to prepare students to be ethical leaders who respond to dilemmas with integrity and respect for individuals and society as a whole.
- Faculty who are role models. Mount faculty are educators first and foremost but they also are clinicians and leaders in the community. All faculty are members of and actively participate in various roles in the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Diverse clinical experiences. The Mount provides students with clinical experiences that are diverse in location, patient population and rehabilitation focus. Mount clinical instructors have the same dedication to student learning as on campus faculty.
- Strong ties with the regional healthcare community which provide students with models for best practice and offer unique opportunities for learning.
- Dedication to serving others. Throughout the curriculum, students are provided with course-related and extracurricular opportunities to practice their skills and serve those in our local community.