The Department of Graduate Education prepares students who already hold a bachelor’s degree to seek initial teaching licensure.
Graduate education students receive licensure in one of the following programs:
- Inclusive Early Childhood Education
- Middle Childhood Education
- Adolescent to Young Adult Education
- Multicultural Special Education
- Multi-age Education
Currently licensed teachers can earn a Master of Arts in Education to enhance existing credentials. We offer professional advancement to practicing teachers looking to enhance their classroom skills or move into school leadership positions.
Mount St. Joseph University offers these options for those seeking professional advancement:
- Reading Science
- Reading Endorsement Program
- PreK Special Needs Endorsement
- Teacher Leader Endorsement Program
- Dyslexia Certificate
- Concentration in Art
- Concentration in Music
We offer a major in teaching and in education. We also offer the Teacher Education Accelerated Master's (TEAM) program to prepare adults to enter the teaching profession through an intense, exciting learning apprentice format.