Personal attention and resources for Career Readiness help students succeed.
At Mount St. Joseph University, we define success one student at a time. The Career Center will help you plan your career. We work to help you develop the heart and mind to serve others.
Career & Experiential Education Center
The Career and Experiential Education Center offers a hands-on approach to career preparation, professional development, personal growth, and community service. It offers:
- Career Development - career assessment, resume resources, and on-campus recruiting.
- Cooperative Education - paid career experience in your field of study.
- Prior Learning Assessment - credit for learning outside of a university setting.
- Service Learning - meaningful program where theories and concepts within the classroom are applied to community engagement efforts.
- Talent Opportunity Program (TOP) - innovative program designed to add elevated career service opportunities throughout the university years.
Career Readiness in a Liberal Arts Education
A liberal arts education prepares students for personal and professional success. According to the Council of Independent Colleges, an overwhelming majority of employers (80 percent) surveyed in 2013 by the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) agreed that, regardless of major, every college student should acquire broad knowledge in the liberal arts and sciences.