- Why should I get an MBA at the Mount?
- What are the admission criteria for the MBA program?
- When do I apply?
- Is the GMAT required?
- Will I pay more for graduate courses? Will there be financial aid available?
- Does the program require an undergraduate major or degree in business administration?
- Do I have to be a Mount student to apply for the program?
- How many credit hours are required for the MBA?
- Are any night or weekend classes available?
- Where do I find application materials?
Why should I get an MBA at the Mount?
The 4+1 MBA program at the Mount has been designed to prepare you for a professional business career in one year following completion of your undergraduate degree. You will participate in a project-based internship, complete applied coursework and develop a business portfolio.
The Mount's unique Business Professional courses will polish your technical and business relationship skills to make you more competitive to potential employers. As a small and selective program, you can also be assured of individual attention from our expert faculty.
What are the admission criteria for the MBA program?
The criteria for the MBA are:
- GPA of 3.0
- Completed application and essay
- Completed MBA Foundational Courses Form
- Completed Foundational Courses (30) –must be completed by the end of the senior year
- Two letters of reference
- Interview with the MBA Admissions Committee
When do I apply?
You apply as an undergraduate in the spring of your junior year in the 4+1 track. You will first be granted “provisional acceptance” and become eligible to take four dual credit courses required for the MBA program in your senior year. You will be fully admitted to the MBA program upon completing the four dual listed courses with a grade of "B" or higher and your undergraduate degree with a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
Is the GMAT required?
Will I pay more for graduate courses? Will there be financial aid available?
Yes, graduate courses cost more per credit hour. For the most current information on tuition rates and financial aid, contact the Mount's Office of Financial Aid.
Does the program require an undergraduate major or degree in business administration?
A business major is not required, but there are 30 credit hours of foundational business courses that must be completed by the end of the senior year.
Do I have to be a Mount student to apply for the program?
No, anyone who is able to complete the 30 hours of foundational courses by the end of their senior year may apply. Please refer to the MBA foundational courses form for details.
Students who don't take the 4 dual listed MBA courses during their senior year will need to complete those in addition to the 5th year courses.
How many credit hours are required for the MBA?
You must complete 36 credit hours and the business internship.
Are any night or weekend classes available?
No. At this time, courses will only be available during the day.
Where do I find application materials?
Student Affairs Office, Seton 132