Frequently Asked Questions about the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at the College of Mount St. Joseph.
- What are the admission requirements for the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program in the Administration Track and Advanced Practice Track?
- How do I apply?
- What is the deadline for applications?
- When can I start?
- Do I need a specific degree to be admitted into the program?
- Are prerequisite courses needed?
- Is there a minimum GPA required to be admitted into the Doctor of Nursing Practice program?
- What is the length of the program?
- Are courses offered online?
- Do I need a certain number of practicum hours from my MSN program in order to be admitted to the DNP program?
- How many practicum hours do I need in order to complete the DNP program?
- What is the cost of graduate tuition?
- Is financial aid available for graduate programs?
Please refer to admission requirements.
Prospective students can apply online. There is a $50 application fee.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Students who meet the criteria are selected on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Courses for the Doctor of Nursing Practice begin each year in the Fall semester (August).
Yes. A Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited university is required for admission.
Yes. An undergraduate statistics course is required for admission. You must have earned a letter grade of “C” or higher in this course.
Yes. A minimum graduate GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale is required for admission.
This part-time program is completed in six semesters. You will enroll in two ten-week courses simultaneously each semester and will have summers off.
Yes. Courses are offered in a blended format: online and on-campus. During the semester, each course meets two times on campus with the remainder of courses delivered online through our interactive learning management system.
Yes. 500 practicum hours are needed from your MSN program in order to be admitted to the DNP program. Official documentation of practicum hours must be sent to the college from the master’s degree granting institution.
You will need 1,000 practicum hours in order to complete the DNP program. A minimum of 400 practicum hours must be completed at the College of Mount St. Joseph.
Please refer to the graduate tuition rates.
Please visit financial aid information.