Graduation. It's more than your last day here. It's a celebration of everything you did to get here.
May 2016 Commencement
The Ninety-Seventh Commencement of Mount St. Joseph University will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2016 in the Harrington Center.
The Ceremony for adult/graduate students will be held at 10 a.m. and the ceremony for traditional /adult BSN students will be held at 2:30 p.m.
Morning Ceremony 10 a.m.
Sister Jeanne Bessette, president of DePaul Cristo Rey High School, will address the adult and graduate students during the morning ceremony at 10 AM. She is a member of the Sisters of St. Francis of Mary Immaculate in Joliet, Ilinois. She will receive an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree during the ceremony in recognition of her work in education, particularly urban education, her devotion to the Cristo Rey Network, and deep commitment to the students and the city of Cincinnati.
Afternoon Ceremony 2:30 p.m.
Jill Meyer, president of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber and a Mount graduate, will address the traditional/ adult BSN students during the afternoon ceremony at 2:30 p.m. In recognition of her incredible work, continuous devotion to the Mount and deep compassion for the arts and the city of Cincinnati, she will receive an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree during the afternoon ceremony.
Donald “Buddy” LaRosa is the founder of LaRosa’s Pizzeria, and a Westside legend. He has given back to the community in a number of ways, especially to the youth of the area. He was named a Great Living Cincinnatian in 2014. He will receive an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree during the afternoon ceremony in recognition of his incredible career accomplishments, dedication to the youth of Cincinnati and devotion to making life better for others.
- Thursday, May 5, 2016 Students graduating at the 2:30 p.m. ceremony are required to attend practice at 1 p.m. in the Harrington Center. A reception hosted by the Alumni Relations Office will follow on the Food Court Patio. (Note: there is no practice for the 10 a.m. ceremony participants.)
- Friday, May 6, 2016 The Baccalaureate Liturgy will be celebrated on Friday, May 6 at 6 p,m, in the Mater Dei Chapel. All are welcome! A reception will immediately follow.
- Saturday, May 7, 2016 The Graduation ceremonies will be held in the Harrington Center at 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Doors will open one hour before each ceremony. This event is not open to the public. Every guest must have a ticket, including small children who are held.
- Children’s Center childcare is available for the first 15 children ages three months to five years who are pre-registered. Childcare is not available on a drop-in-basis. Please fill out this registration form for childcare.
A Buffet Brunch is offered in the Fifth Third Dining Hall from 11a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Tickets are required and can be purchased until May 5, 2016. Graduates are guests of the University. Adults are $12, children ages 5-12 are $8 and children 4 and under eat free.
Stream It Live
We will provide a live video stream of our graduation ceremonies for family and friends who cannot attend. The following web addresses can be used for accessing the graduation video stream.
Graduation Ceremony at 10 a.m. (adult, masters and doctoral students) available for access at 9:55 a.m.
Graduation Ceremony at 2:30 p.m. (adult and traditional students) available for access at 2:20 p.m.
If the above URL does not work try copying and pasting it into your browser.
Special parking arrangements have been made for Saturday. Members of the Department of Public Safety and Division of Institutional Advancement request that everyone honor the following arrangements:
- Parking behind the Harrington Center is reserved for honorees, special guests, board members and guests with disabilities.
- Others may park in the West Parking Lot. The first driveway to the West Lot will be closed, so everyone will need to access the lot from the second entrance, off of Delhi Road near the Motherhouse.
- Parking will also be available in the Parking Garage at the corner of Delhi and Neeb Roads.
Commencement is a wonderful celebration of the accomplishments of our graduates and special guests. Please be respectful of these arrangements to help ensure an enjoyable evening for everyone. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Mount St. Joseph University is an undergraduate and graduate Catholic university that provides an interdisciplinary liberal arts and professional curriculum emphasizing values, service and social responsibility.